Student Computer Diagnostic Center
The Student Computer Diagnostic Center is located on the third floor of the library, in room 310.
The center is open Monday through Friday, 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m. during the school year.
Want to meet? Schedule an appointment via Google Calendar appointment scheduler.
The Student Diagnostic Center (SDC) is staffed by IT student technicians and is supervised by IT user support staff. The SDC provides computer support services to Hampshire students having problems with their computer software and simple hardware problems. This service is available to Hampshire students free of charge.
- Remove malware, pop-ups, and viruses from your computer.
- Repair Windows and Macintosh OS problems.
- Make every effort to recover all schoolwork and other important data.
- Install updates to software already installed on the computer.
- Limited hardware diagnostic and repair on out-of-warranty computers.
- Transfer user documents and files to a new computer.
Before you bring in your computer, please know a few things:
- If you have a laptop computer, please bring your power supply.
- If you have a desktop computer, we do not need you to bring any cables at all. Just bring in your tower.
- Check your warranty information as we cannot fix some problems for computers still under warranty.
Services not available:
- Hardware repair for computers under warranty.
- Upgrading operating systems or other software without proper licensing.