Enrollment and Degree Verification

Enrollment Verification

Central Records produces letters regarding your student status upon your request. It usually takes three to five business days. You may bring this enrollment certification form to the Central Records Office, email it to centralrecords@hampshirel.edu, or fax it to 413.559.5736. Letters regarding good academic standing are prepared by the Center for Academic Support and Advising (CASA). Email advising@hampshire.edu.

Mailing Address         

National Student Clearinghouse
13454 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 300
Herndon, VA 20171

Graduates seeking degree verification may do any of the following:

  • Request a letter free of charge by contacting the Central Records Office either by phone at 413.559.5421 or by email at centralrecords@hampshire.edu.
  • Request a transcript (free of charge; takes up to ten business days).
  • Fax a request to the National Student Clearinghouse at 703.742.4239 (free of charge, may take 7-10 days).
  • Obtain a degree verification instantly from Degree Verified (pricing listed on their site).

Hampshire College participates in an agreement with the National Student Clearinghouse to provide degree verifications. Employers and background screening firms must contact the clearinghouse by visiting its website.

Please note that your verification will simply state the date you received a bachelor of arts degree since you have an individually designed concentration rather than a major.