Office of Institutional Research
Institutional research is the applied study of higher education. Our goal is to provide information about Hampshire College to support decision-making, enrollment management, institutional planning, and program reviews; and to place Hampshire in the broader context of liberal arts education.
Some of the activities for which we are responsible are:
- analyzing enrollment and retention patterns
- assessing student learning outcomes
- surveying research about students and faculty
- tracking data from similar institutions for benchmarking purposes
- reporting institutional data to external agencies
More details about what the IR office does can be found in our annual reports.