A Flower in the Hampshire College Greenhouse

Credit Balances and Refund Checks

When a credit balance exists on a student account, a refund is available by request through the student accounts office. Students may request a refund by sending an email to studentaccounts@hampshire.edu from their Hampshire email account. The email should detail who the refund check should be made payable to and to which address the payment should be mailed. Please allow 7-10 business days for processing.

Credit balances as a result of a parent loan, such as the federal Parent PLUS loan, are refunded to the borrowing parent unless that parent grants written permission to release the funds to the student. Additionally, credit balances on accounts for which a TMS payment plan has been set up will be refunded to the TMS payer on account, unless the payer grants written permission to release the funds to the student.

In certain circumstances, the College is required to refund credits due to federal aid monies that are greater than mandatory tuition, fees, room and board, unless we receive written permission to retain the credit on the account.

Stay In Touch
With Student Accounts Office
Snail Mail
Student Accounts Office
Hampshire College
893 West Street
Amherst, MA 01002