Student Engagement promotes experiential learning and identity development by providing leadership training, advising, and opportunities for involvement. We strive to engage students in inclusive, fun, and creative activities to foster and strengthen the Hampshire College community.
The Student Engagement Office:
- Is responsible for risk assessment and management of student groups, trips, conferences, and large-scale events.
- Processes purchasing for student group trips including lodging reservations; travel reservations and reimbursements for mileage and tolls; and purchase orders.
- Is available to help students plan large scale events, as well as help student groups to organize and facilitate.
- Provide administrative and logistical support relating to the planning, promotion, and implementation of student programs, activities, and events.
- Processes all performer, speaker, equipment/novelty rental, and outside vendor contracts, and liability insurance; vendor payments; and purchase orders.
- Reviews and approves student group event registration forms, schedules all student event security, and manages college van reservations for approved student group trips.
- Processes student group paperwork; requests for payments; purchase order requisitions; and purchasing card requests.
- Oversees the student group waiver process and database.
The office is located on the second floor of Dakin Student Life Center and is open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. The office is closed when the College is closed for holidays and inclement weather.
FundCom is the Student Activities Fund (SAF) allocation body of Hampshire College. In accordance with the SAF Guidelines and FundCom Bylaws, FundCom receives requests from students and allocates the SAF. This is what pays for all student group operations, trips, and events (including Hampfest, Hampshire Halloween, and Spring Jam) and related activities. Portions of the SAF also go to Residence Life and Center programming, UMASS Fine Arts Center ticket subsidies, and to pay for PVTA buses.
Want to be a part of FundCom and impact where your student activities fee is spent? Check out FundCom on HampEngage for their weekly meeting and office hours schedule. After attending just three meetings you can become a voting member of FundCom!
Connect with our team here.