To All Students on Leave, Field Study, or Exchange

We ask students currently away from Hampshire to indicate their enrollment plans for the upcoming semester. You can officially declare your plans on TheHub. We trust your time away is productive and rewarding, and we look forward to your return.

Failure to notify this office of your plans for future enrollment by April 7, 2023 will result in your withdrawal from Hampshire. Please do not hesitate to contact the Center for Academic Support and Advising (CASA), to discuss any of the following: leave experiences, academic progress, possible areas of Division II and Division III, or any other academic situation that affects your plans for next semester. Call 413.559.5498 to speak with one of the deans.

Declaration of Intention: 

Find this form on TheHub under the Registration heading. You will receive an email confirmation once you have submitted the form.

Transcripts and Evaluations for Field Study and Exchange Programs

In order to record successful completion of your study away from campus for your Hampshire academic record and transcript, you need to obtain transcripts and/or evaluations from your field supervisor(s) or the institution you attended. Go to Transcripts and Evaluations for Field Study and Exchange Programs for information regarding the type of documentation required for an exchange program or a self-designed or course-based field study. There you will also find the appropriate person or office at Hampshire where you should submit your documentation after completing the semester.


You must officially declare that you are returning to Hampshire in order to be assigned housing. Residence Life staff will send an email to your Hampshire email address after receiving communication you are returning. The email will contain information about returning to campus housing and a link to the housing form. Click here if wishing to review information about the College's exemption to the residency requirement. Questions may be directed to or 413.559.5453.

Course Registration

After you have notified the College of your intention to return for the upcoming semester, Central Records will provide authorization and assign you a time to begin registering on The Hub. Review the information on the course Pre-Registration page. Visit TheHub to view course listings and descriptions. Pay close attention to the start dates of Five College courses, as some of the other schools may begin up to a full week earlier than Hampshire.

For more information concerning course registration, contact Central Records at 413.559.5430 or email

Financial Aid Information

Please refer to Financial Aid for more information.

Off-Campus Experience Report

Students are always looking for first-hand information about hands-on experiences. If you spent all or part of your time away from Hampshire participating in an internship, job, volunteer effort, or research project, please share your experience with other students. Your insight might help others find an opportunity, inspire them to do something new, or alert them about important challenges. View reports from other students. Questions about this form should be directed to the Career Options Resource Center at 413.559.5445 or

Record of International Experience

Students want to know from other students what the experience of being abroad is really all about. Please share your life-changing experience with your peers by contacting the Global Education Office (GEO). This helps future Hampshire students find the abroad experience that is right for them! Questions about this form should be directed to GEO at 413.559.5542 or

Vehicle Registration

You can register your vehicle on campus by downloading and completing Campus Safety and Security formsParking is limited. Do not delay.