Alum Action Group
The mission of the Alum Action Group (AAG), established at the invitation of former President Jonathan Lash in 2012, is to support the mission, values, and philosophy of Hampshire College by building alumni engagement through support of College fundraising and by acting as ambassadors to the alumni community. The AAG works to establish, maintain, and build mutually beneficial and lifelong connections among alums and, in so doing, strengthen alumni leadership as a College resource.
Who We Are
The AAG is an independent group of alumni who works closely with the alumni community and the alumni and family relations office. We come from different decades of Hampshire and represent a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas.
Our Projects and Activities
While the mission of the AAG has been consistent, the nature of our activities adapt to current needs. In the past we have:
- led and assisted in fundraising efforts.
- worked on ways for alumni to volunteer and contribute to the College.
- conducted community surveys.
- organized ways for alumni to connect as a community via in-person and virtual events.
- established regional alumni groups AKA “Alumni Circles,” starting in Boston, New York, and San Francisco.
- explored opportunities to gather alums in the US South and other larger geographically spatial regions.
- we started to plan the celebration of Hampshire College’s 50th Anniversary in the fall of 2018.