James Baldwin Scholars' DIV II and III Internship Grant
Award amount: Up to $3000
The James Baldwin Scholars Program will award 4-6 donor-funded grants of up to $3000 to assist Division II and III James Baldwin Scholars with the costs of doing an internship or project that relates directly to the student's academic goals and career interests.
- Applicants must meet with Karina Fernandez before submitting the application.
- Open to Division II and III James Baldwin Scholars; graduating students are not eligible.
- Must be a current student on financial aid, in good academic and disciplinary standing, who will be enrolled in the fall semester.
- A student who previously received the full award of $3000 might not be eligible to receive the full award the next summer.
- The proposed internship or project must involve substantive, supervised work that will be done for at least 8 weeks AND a minimum of 18 hours/week, and be related to your academic work and career interests.
- Recipients must agree to these mandatory requirements (A portion of your award will be held back until these requirements are complete):
- Attend a pre-internship training/orientation in early May
- Submit an initial thank you letter to our alumni donor
- Submit a mid-summer report
- Submit a comprehensive final report
- Attend the annual intern dinner and presentations in September (unless on field study).
- In order to receive funding, students must complete funding paperwork.
- Grant recipients will be required to return any award received if they do not complete the internship or project as outlined in their proposal, along with the requirements listed above.
Please use the Social Justice Summer Grant Application Process
You will need to submit:
- The online application
- Faculty statement of support
- Organization statement of support (only if working with an organization)
IMPORTANT: If you are doing an academic project, your faculty statement of support must be from the person who is supervising your project.
All documents can be found on the Social Justice Summer Grant website, and are Due Monday, April 3, 2017.
Karina Fernandez, JB Scholars office