Students doing semester-length academic work off campus or abroad that is NOT a Hampshire exchange program must file to be on field study by the appropriate enrollment notification deadline.
Hampshire Enrollment Notification Deadlines
- Spring term 2015: Friday, November 15, 2014
- Fall term 2015: Friday, April 10, 2015
Filing for Field Study
- Field study forms are available from the Center for Academic Support and Advising (CASA)
- The Procedures for Filing for Field Study are also available through CASA.
- Students going abroad for international field study are required to make an appointment with the global education office to discuss field study plans and get a staff signature. The following materials and information are required in order to receive a signature of approval:
- Completed Field Study Application (CASA) and detailed program information
- Completed Travel Waiver (CASA)
- Completed online travel registry profile in HampGOES (Hampshire’s Global Experience System)
- Copy of the front page of your passport
- Proof of international health insurance coverage (see Health and Safety for more information)
Program Specific Deadlines & Requirements
Many field study programs (including applying to an overseas university, a study abroad program provider, or internship program) will have their own application requirements and deadlines. These steps can be completed before or after Hampshire’s Enrollment Notification deadline.