Health Forms for Students
**Health forms are due July 15 for the fall semester. If the forms are not submitted, class registration and first day move in may be delayed.**
To complete the new student health forms, you will need to register for an account through the Hampshire College / UMass Amherst patient portal: https://umass.medicatconnect.com/
Please note that to begin the process, you must use your official Hampshire College email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
Once you are logged into the patient portal, go to the “Forms” tab and find section D. There you will find instructions for accessing and completing the following REQUIRED forms:
- New Student Health Form PDF (required; completed by new student)
- Immunizations Fall 2022 Form PDF (required; completed by health care provider and then uploaded to the patient portal)
- Tuberculosis Screening Form PDF (required)
- Acknowledgment of Privacy Practices (required)
- Financial Responsibility Form (required)
- Sports Health and Physical Forms PDF (optional; completed by health care provider and then uploaded to the patient portal. [Required only if you intend to participate on an intercollegiate sports team: cross country, soccer, and basketball teams.])
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND:
- You will need to get immunization information from your healthcare provider, and upload it into our system, so please plan accordingly. (Massachusetts requires all higher education students to provide documentation of certain immunizations before starting residence on campus.)
- Students who are under 18 at the time they complete the health forms, must print them out and have a parent or legal guardian sign the forms. Once signed, the forms can then be uploaded via the patient portal.
- Hampshire College requires all students to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19. If you do not have the chance to receive all required immunizations before July 15, please upload what you have, then upload the record of additional immunizations once you receive them.
- International students who do not have access to Covid-19 or other required vaccines will be able to receive vaccines upon arrival at Hampshire College.
- Those who will be participating in team sports are required to have a physical exam. Please print out the sports physical form, then upload the completed form on the patient portal.
Thank you for your assistance in meeting these College requirements. If you have any questions, please contact health and counseling services at 413.559.5458
Massachusetts state law requires that all college students are covered by health insurance. Hampshire College works with Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. to offer a student insurance plan that is tailored to the needs of our students. The Student Health Insurance Plan will be billed along with your tuition. If you have comparable medical coverage through another insurance plan, you can waive this fee.