Google Workspace for Education at Hampshire
Google Workspace for Education is a set of online educational tools made by Google that provide opportunities for collaboration and productivity.
Spring 2022: The IT Department conducted a survey in the fall concerning our current email and calendar system. After careful consideration, we have decided to transition our email to Gmail and our personal and office calendars to Google Calendar after the end of the spring semester in late May, 2022. Detailed instructions, an FAQ, and regular project updates for the transition will be posted on our Intranet HERE (login required). Questions not answered on our Intranet can be directed to the IT Leadership Team.
Google Workspace at Hampshire includes:
- Google Drive: Easily upload files of many types to store online or share with collaborators. Unlike a personal Drive account, you have unlimited storage in your Hampshire Drive. Drive includes Google Docs, Slides, and Sheets, for creating sharable online documents, and the *Shared Drives feature.
- Google Meet: Videoconferencing for up to 25 participants.
- Google Keep: Notetaking tool that helps you save text, images, and more for later, and organize what you've saved.
- Google Forms: Tool for creating surveys and forms, more basic than our other option, Qualtrics, but easy to use and functional.
- As of May 2022, Gmail: A fully integrated email system accessible from any Internet-connected computer
- As of May 2022, Calendar: A fully integrated calendar system
To log into Hampshire's Google Apps, go to drive.hampshire.edu and log in with your Hampshire username and password.
If you happen to go directly to the website for a Google service, such as drive.google.com, you will need to enter your Hampshire email address (the one with your username, i.e. abcIT@hampshire.edu) in order to get to the Hampshire login screen.
Previously created a Google Account with your @hampshire.edu email address?
If you registered your own Google Drive account with your @hampshire.edu email address or alias as your login, you must first create a new Google account with a different email address in order to retain your files. Please visit the Transferring Google Drive page for instructions and details.
Still have questions?
*Shared Drives are shared spaces where teams can easily store, search, and access their files anywhere, from any device. Unlike files in My Drive, files in a shared drive belong to the team instead of an individual. Even if members leave, the files stay exactly where they are so your team can continue to share information and get work done.