Hampshire announcements and events are located on the Intranet. Any student, faculty, or staff member may submit an announcement or event, which may be directed toward students, faculty, and/or staff. Announcements and events are displayed on the Intranet page and emailed out in a digest format each morning, Monday through Friday.
Instructions for Submitting Announcements and Events
- In the My Links section of the Intranet page (upper right corner), click on the link to "Add or Edit an Announcement or Event."
- To edit an announcement or event, click on the title of the announcement or event, change any of the information, and click the "Submit" button. If an announcement or event is changed, it will appear at the top of the list on the Intranet main page. It will NOT, however, be sent out again in the email digest.
- To add an announcement or event, click on the "Add" button at the bottom of this page.
- Choose whether this is an announcement or an event. Events are similar to announcements, but the difference is that they appear on the calendar and they are emailed out in the digest every day for 5 days leading up to the event, as opposed to being emailed out the morning after submission.
- Always give an announcement or event a meaningful title.
- Choose an audience—students, staff, and/or faculty. If students are chosen as (part of) the audience, the announcement/event will need to be approved by a member of the student services staff before being displayed or emailed out to students. Student services will also approve any announcement or event that is submitted by a student before displaying or emailing it out to any audience.
- If submitting an event, additional information will be required, such as the option to appear on the public Hampshire events calendar, an event category, a start time, an end time, a location, an organizer/sponsor for the event, an email contact, and an optional URL for more information about the event.
- Enter a short description, which will appear on the main Intranet page. This should be a brief summary of the announcement or event. Please do not include any URLs in the short description.
- Enter a full description, which will appear on the announcement or event page when a user clicks on the title, either on the Intranet or in the email digest. The full description may contain URLs and will appear in the email digest.
- Choose a category for your announcement to be sorted into the proper section of the email digest.
Certain personnel have access to submit important announcements. This allows them to generate an announcement, which is directed toward any or all of the audiences, and is sent out via email as soon as it is submitted instead of waiting to be included in the following day's digest. In addition, such announcements will be flagged as important on the Intranet main page.
Certain safety personnel have access to submit campus alerts. This allows them to generate an announcement, which is directed toward any or all of the audiences, and is sent out via email as soon as it is submitted instead of waiting to be included in the following day's digest. In addition, such announcements will be listed at the top of the Intranet main page in RED font and will only appear until midnight on the day of submission.
Announcements / Events Preferences
Click on the "Edit Intranet Preferences" link in the my "My Links" section on the main Intranet page. This is where users may choose the number of announcements/events they wish to appear on the Intranet page.
Viewing Hampshire Calendars
- Log in to intranet.hampshire.edu
- The mini-calendar is located on the left side of the Intranet main page.
- By default, students see the student calendar, faculty see the faculty calendar, etc.
- Dates shown in bold have events scheduled. If you click on a bold date, its events will appear below the mini-calendar. Each event title in that list is a link to display more details about the event.
- To view the public calendar or other calendars in full page display, go to calendar.hampshire.edu and switch calendars using the drop down list on the left side.
- Calendar subscriptions and notifications can be configured by clicking on "options" at the bottom of the full size calendar.