Request a Book or Film
Five College Delivery requests
- For items in the Five College Libraries Catalog, use the "*Request Item" link at the top, and log in with your Hampshire user ID and password to submit a request.
- You will receive an email when your item arrives and is ready for pick up from the circulation desk (usually within 1-3 business days).
- Items will be held seven days for pick up.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) requests
Interlibrary loan is a free service for obtaining research materials not readily available within the Five College Libraries. ILLiad is the online system for submitting an ILL request. Use your Hampshire ID and password to log in to an existing account or to register as a new user. Current students, faculty and staff may use ILL.
Request an ILL book
- Log into ILLiad
- In the left sidebar menu, under New Request, click on Book
- Fill in as many fields as possible to expedite your request, then click on Submit Request on the bottom of the screen.
Renew an ILL item
- Log in to ILLiad
- In the left sidebar menu, under View My Requests click on Checked Out Items
- Click on the Transaction Number of the request you would like to renew. (Not all interlibrary loans can be renewed. Check if your book strap is marked "No Renewals.")
- Click on Renew Request on the top of the page. (Email the ILL associate if your item is past due and you'd like to renew it.)
- Check back in a few days to see if the due date (3rd line from the bottom) has changed.
We welcome requests from the Hampshire community for purchasing new material for the library (e.g. books, films, games, etc.). We carefully consider all requests within the context of the current curriculum and budget. Purchase requests can take several weeks. Requesting an item through interlibrary loan is the best way to get an item quickly. Please email us at email@example.com to see if we can purchase something that you need, and that we don't already have.