Housing-based Accommodations

 Office of Accessibility Resources and Services

The office of accessibility resources and services (OARS) works closely with the Office of Residence Life to identify residential placements on campus that include reasonable housing-based accommodations based on your individual, disability-related need.

Our goal is to provide equitable access to enjoy the communal, functional, and educational aspects of on-campus living. Your preferences for placement will be considered and included in placements whenever possible, but we can only guarantee a placement based on documented disabilities and individual needs.

New to Hampshire?

New first-year and transfer students should visit the new student form page for a list of required forms with deadlines.

Please note that the deadlines for submitting housing accommodations requests may be significantly earlier than other types of requests, as we invest substantial time reviewing these requests to ensure housing assignments meet the needs of each student as much as possible. After these deadlines, assignments may be subject to housing availability.

We encourage you to start by assembling required supporting documentation for housing accommodation requests as soon as you know you'll be attending Hampshire College.

You may register with OARS with your initial housing-related request first and then submit additional types of accommodation requests through the OARS portal when ready.

Returning Students

Typically, returning students request housing-based accommodations before the semester begins. During these times OARS and the Office of Residence Life have the most flexibility to meet student accommodation needs and preferences.

Please view important dates and deadlines for the Office of Residence Life to see how the accommodation timeline fits in with other Residence Life events and deadlines that may be important for you (such as identity-based or Intentional Housing Communities).

If you do not qualify for disability-related accommodations based on our documentation guidelines, please visit the Office of Residence Life website for more information about general housing policies, procedures, and instructions.

Requesting Housing Accommodations

If you are requesting housing-based accommodations for the first time, please start by navigating to our process to request accommodations.

Already registered with OARS and need to request new or additional housing accommodations? Log into the OARS portal and complete the Additional Accommodation Request form.

If you have already been approved for housing-based accommodations and are just requesting they be applied to your next placement, we've got you covered. OARS will communicate your accommodation needs to Residence Life to be considered in the placement process.