New Student Forms
Please be aware that completion of the following forms is required for all fall 2023 entrants. Note that a HampNet login is required to fill out these forms. Form deadlines are subject to change.
All Hampshire College students will be assigned single rooms (no direct roommate). New first-year students will be assigned to either Dakin or Merrill residence halls. New transfer students will be assigned to Merrill residence hall (with some mod or apartment-style spaces available for non-traditional transfer students). Below are key housing-related dates. Students admitted after the June 15 housing form deadline will still be able to submit their housing form and be assigned housing.
- May 16: Residence Life staff will email all new incoming students information regarding the required housing form (due June 15).
- May 29: OARS housing accommodation requests are due.
- July 3: Housing assignments will be emailed to students.
- August 31: New student move-in day. Pick up your keys from staff in the Dakin Student Life Center.
Visit this page for a detailed list of suggested items to bring (and not bring) to campus.
Students needing a housing accommodation (including a service animal or emotional support animal) must submit a request to The Office of Accessibility Resources and Services (OARS). Please note that Hampshire College housing does not have elevators, students with mobility issues must submit a housing accommodation request.
OARS staff will review the request documentation, follow up if additional information or a meeting is necessary, decide whether the request is approved, and communicate the decision to the student. Housing accommodation submitted requests approved by OARS by the above deadline will be communicated to Residence Life staff to prioritize when assigning housing for all incoming new students. You may request a housing accommodation and submit documentation at any time. However, due to space availability, and documents received after the above deadline, Residence Life staff are unable to guarantee space availability and you would potentially need to wait until the accommodation can possibly be met.
Advising and Course Registration Forms
The advisor questionnaire is due August 15 for the fall 2023 semester and January 15 for the spring 2024 semester. Students will be notified of their faculty academic advisor upon their arrival on campus. Please feel free to reach out to the Center for Academic Support and Advising with any questions regarding advising or academics.
The form is available on the hub:
Course Registration New Students
Course registration for incoming first-year students begins on June 20 and ends on July 3, 2023. Your time to begin registering for courses will be posted on TheHub in mid-June under a link called “approvals and holds." TheHub is also where you will register for courses. You can preview the registration system on “How to use TheHub for course registration,” here. Register for:
- One seminar with open spaces. Enrollment in a seminar is required of first-year entrants. All seminars are prefixed with “LCSEM”. For example LCSEM-0101.
- Two or three other academic courses numbered 100 to 249. All of these courses are appropriate for new students. Academic courses are prefixed with CS, CSI, HACU, IA, and NS. For example, CSI-0213 / NS-119.
You will have another opportunity to make changes to your schedule when you arrive and meet with your advisor, so in June choose courses that interest you based on the course descriptions.
- You may also register for OPRA courses (Outdoors Program Recreational Activities).
- If a course is full, you can add your name to the waitlist. The waitlist will start running at the beginning of the course add/drop on September 5th. If you are on a waitlist, be sure to attend the class and check your email several times a day for notification of a space and follow the instructions to accept the seat.
- You can view your course schedule under "my class schedule" and under "courses and evaluations." Both these links appear on your student menu on TheHub.
Course Registration Transfer Students
Course registration for incoming transfer students begins on July 7 and ends on July 21, 2023. Your time to begin registering for courses will be posted on TheHub in mid-June under a link called “approvals and holds.” TheHub is also where you will register for courses. You can preview the registration system on “How to use TheHub for course registration” found here. Register for:
- Three to four academic courses numbered 201 - 299. Academic courses are prefixed with CS, CSI, HACU, IA and NS. For example, HACU-0254 / NS-0232.
You will have another opportunity to make changes to your schedule and add Five College courses when you arrive and meet with your advisor, so in July choose courses that interest you based on the course descriptions.
- You may also register for OPRA courses (Outdoors Program Recreational Activities).
- If a course is full, you can add your name to the waitlist. The waitlist will start running at the beginning of course add/drop on September 5th. If you are on a waitlist, be sure to attend the class and check your email several times a day for notification of a space and follow the instructions to accept the seat.
- You can view your course schedule under "my class schedule" and under "courses and evaluations." Both these links appear on your student menu on thehub.hampshire.edu.
For questions about course registration, please email email@example.com.
Health and Counseling Forms
Health forms are due July 15 for the fall semester and January 15 for the spring semester. Class registration and move-in may be delayed if the forms are not submitted on time. To complete the new student health forms, you will need to register for an account through the Hampshire College / UMass Amherst patient portal. Please note that the patient portal becomes available to incoming students on June 1 for the fall semester and on January 2 for the spring semester. You must wait to register for the patient portal until after these dates.
When logging in to the patient portal you must use your official Hampshire College email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). Once you are logged into the patient portal, go to the “Forms” tab and find section D. There you will find the following REQUIRED forms:
- New Student Health Form (required; completed by new student)
- Immunizations Form (required; download PDF from the patient portal to be completed by a health care provider and then uploaded to the patient portal)
- Tuberculosis Screening Form (required; completed by new student)
- Acknowledgment of Privacy Practices (required; completed by new student if over 18 years old)
- Financial Responsibility Form (required; completed by new student if over 18 years old)
- Sports Health and Physical Forms (optional; download PDF from the patient portal then have your health care provider complete the form. Upload the completed form to the patient portal [Required only if you intend to participate on an intercollegiate sports team: cross country, soccer, and basketball teams.])
Please Keep In Mind:
- You will need to get immunization information from your healthcare provider, and upload it via the patient portal, so please plan accordingly. (Massachusetts requires all higher education students to provide documentation of certain immunizations before starting residence on campus.)
- Students who are under 18 at the time they complete the health forms, must print them out and have a parent or legal guardian sign the forms. Once signed, the forms can then be uploaded via the patient portal.
- Hampshire College requires all students to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19, including receiving the bivalent booster, which became available in September 2022. If you do not have the chance to receive all required immunizations before July 15 (or January 15), please upload all current documentation and then upload records of additional immunizations once you receive them.
- International students who do not have access to Covid-19 vaccines or other required vaccines will be able to receive vaccines upon arrival at Hampshire College.
- Those who will be participating in team sports are required to have a physical exam. Please print out the sports physical form, then upload the completed form on the patient portal.
- Massachusetts state law requires that all college students are covered by health insurance. Hampshire College works with Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. to offer a student insurance plan that is tailored to the needs of our students. The student health insurance plan will be billed along with your tuition. If you have comparable medical coverage through another insurance plan, you can waive this fee.
Thank you for your assistance in meeting these College requirements. If you have any questions, please contact health and counseling services at email@example.com or 413.559.5458.
Health Insurance Online Waiver Process
The 2022–23 Waiver and Enrollment forms will be available starting July 1, 2022. If a waiver form is not submitted by August 31 for students starting fall semester or February 15 for students starting in the spring semester, you will remain enrolled in and billed for the student health insurance plan for the entire policy year whether you use the insurance or not.
To waive the student health insurance plan for the 2022-23 policy year:
- Go to Gallagher Student.
- Under ‘Profile’ enter your Hampshire email address and click on 'Log In.'
- First-time users, an email from Gallagher Student Health has been sent to your Hampshire email with a temporary password. Click on the link provided in the email and insert the temporary password. (If you did not receive a temporary password, you can choose the ‘Forgot your password?’ option on the login page.
- Once you login, select the 'ENROLL' or 'WAIVE' option. If waiving the insurance, have your current health insurance ID card ready, as you will need this information in order to complete the waiver form. A confirmation number will be sent to you upon completion of the form, but approval may take 24-48 hours.
For questions about this, please contact the Student Accounts Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 413.559.6982.
Prevention and Education Mandatory Online Workshop
Before arrival to campus, you are obligated to completed the following online workshop sessions on:
- Sexual violence prevention
- Alcohol and other drugs
To complete the program, login here.
Disclosure Statement: These workshops contain sensitive material involving sexual and interpersonal violence. Though trigger warnings are provided within the training, we recognize that the content may still be upsetting for some viewers. If at any point you need to make alternative arrangements to complete the training, please contact Janeen Mantin at jsmSA@hampshire.edu.
If you experience difficulties taking or re-entering the program, contact Student Success through the HELP button or email@example.com.
Additional Forms and Information
ID Photo Submission
ID Photo submission begins June 1 and ends August 15. For complete information regarding submission guidelines, please visit the the OneCard webpage here. The OneCard is the official identification card of Hampshire College and is issued to every student and employee.
For questions about this, please contact the OneCard office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 413.559.5345.
All vehicles must be registered with the Campus Safety and Wellbeing. Vehicle registration is free of charge for all students as of the 2023-2024 academic year. Students, staff, and faculty will be issued a parking decal for the academic year, which should be placed on the interior rear driver-side window.
All students will be able to register their vehicle using the Registration Form available on TheHub prior to their arrival on campus. The parking decal will be available to pick up during the housing check-in process.
Students who do not register their vehicle prior to arrival will still be able to register during the housing check-in process on Opening Day. Please make sure to have your vehicle information on-hand to complete the process in-person.
There will be a two-week grace period before parking citations will be issued to allow for all students, staff and faculty to register their vehicles. Please make sure to complete this process as soon as possible to avoid any tickets and potential towing.
For more information, please reach out to Lori Bouchard at labPS@hampshire.edu or 413.559.5345.
Students with disabilities and international students may have additional forms to complete. Please visit the Office of Accessibility Resources and Services (OARS) and/or new international students for more information.
Tuition and Fees
For payment information and options, please visit the Student Accounts Office.
We're here to help! Visit our Offices page for more information on how to get in touch with individual campus offices or for help with TheHub.