New Student Forms

Completion of the following forms is required for all new students. Note that a HampNet login is required to fill out these forms. Form deadlines are subject to change.

Housing Forms

Electronically submit your Hampshire College housing form today!

*Note: If you are unable to log in and recently deposited to Hampshire, try again in a day or so as it takes a few days for the housing platform to add your credentials — if for any reason after a few days you are unable to log in, please contact Residence Life at or 413.559.5453.

Though the form is due June 28, please submit it as soon as possible by logging into the link above, using your Hampshire College username/password, and then clicking the “Housing Application 2024-2025” link at the top.

Currently, all Hampshire College students will be assigned single rooms (no direct roommate). First-year students will be assigned in either Dakin or Merrill residence halls. Transfer students will be assigned in either Dakin or Merrill residence halls, with some mod (or apartment-style) spaces for older/non-traditional transfer students (if space is available). Please reach out to us at if you have housing-related questions.

Your Hampshire College Email Account

  • You can check your Hampshire email by going to Please check it often, as the College will send important communications to your Hampshire email address and begin phasing out emailing your personal non-Hampshire email address.
  • If you have forgotten the password you previously set for your account, please try to reset it at our account management pages at Choose "Click here if you can't remember your password."
  • If you cannot reset your password on our account management page, please call the IT Help Desk at 413.559.5418 or email them at

Reminders and Important Dates for fall 2024

  • To update your pronouns, name you prefer to be called, etc. in general college technology platforms, log into
  • Students needing housing accommodations must submit a request for priority consideration by June 21 to the Office of Accessibility Resources and Services (OARS). Hampshire College housing does not include elevators; it is especially important for students with mobility-related disabilities needing housing accommodations to request these before June 21 (so alternative arrangements may be planned prior to assigning housing).
  • Housing assignments will be emailed to students by July 17, along with move-in times for new student move-in day which is Thursday, August 29.
  • By Wednesday, July 24, submit your OneCard picture so that we can have your student ID card printed and ready with your room key when you move in. You can still send it after this date, but aim for this date so staff have sufficient time to process.
  • Thursday, August 29, move-in for new and transfer students. Times and more information will be emailed to you.

Find a detailed list of suggested items to bring (and not bring) to campus here.

Students needing a housing accommodation

For students who need a housing accommodation (including a service animal or emotional support animal) requests are due on June 21 for priority consideration. If you have a disability-related access need which may impact your housing, you will need to use the OARS secure online registration form to register your self-report with the Office of Accessibility Resources and Services (OARS) and upload documentation from your medical provider.

Other types of accommodation requests, including academic, dining, and campus access needs may also be submitted through the online registration form OARS Portal at this time, but are not due until later in the summer. If you have already registered with OARS through submitting the one-time registration form, you will need to instead login to your account on the OARS Portal and submit an “Additional Accommodation” request.

Hampshire College housing does not include elevators. It is especially important for students with mobility-related disabilities needing housing accommodations to request these before June 21 so alternative arrangements may be planned prior to assigning housing.

*Note: to protect your personal information, please avoid emailing private medical information to staff,, or Documentation and accommodation requests will not be accepted by email. For accessibility assistance with the application process, please reach out to For the link to the secure portal, forms, documentation requirements, and overview of the process, please review the information available here.

Advising and Course Registration Forms

Advisor Questionnaire 

The advisor questionnaire is due August 15 for the fall 2024 semester. Students will be notified of their faculty academic advisor upon their arrival on campus. Please feel free to reach out to the Center for Academic Support and Advising with any questions regarding advising or academics.

Advisor Questionnaire Form 

Course Registration New Students

Course registration for incoming first-year students begins on July 8 and ends on July 19

To pre-register for courses, all incoming students must sign up for a virtual Pre-Registration and Advising Workshop with the CASA!

summer workshop sign-up 

In the workshop, Hampshire advising deans will introduce you to Hampshire’s academic advising, the course catalog, class registration and pre-registration, and what to expect in your first year at Hampshire. You’ll leave the workshop with a clear idea of the course catalog, a list of the classes you’re interested in, and the knowledge you’ll need to pre-register for courses.

Your time to begin registering for courses will be posted on TheHub in mid-June under a link called “approvals and holds." TheHub is also where you will register for courses. Preview the registration system on “How to use TheHub for course registration” here

First-year students are required register for:

  • One (1) first-year seminar with open spaces. All seminars are prefixed with “LCSEM”. For example, LCSEM-0101.
  • Two (2) or three (3) other academic courses numbered 100–249. All of these courses are appropriate for new students. Academic courses are prefixed with CS, CSI, HACU, IA, and NS. For example, CSI-0213 / NS-119.

Transfer students are required to register for:

  • Three (3) to four (4) academic courses numbered 201–299. Academic courses are prefixed with CS, CSI, HACU, IA and NS. For example, HACU-0254 / NS-0232.

You will have another opportunity to make changes to your schedule when you arrive and meet with your advisor, so choose courses that interest you based on the course descriptions.

Additional notes:

  • You may also register for OPRA courses (Outdoors Programs, Recreation, and Athletics).
  • If a course is full, you can add your name to the waitlist. The waitlist will start running at the beginning of the course add/drop on September 3. If you are on a waitlist, be sure to attend the class and check your email several times a day for notification of a space and follow the instructions to accept the seat.  
  • You can view your course schedule under "my class schedule" and under "courses and evaluations." Both these links appear on your student menu on TheHub.

For questions about course registration, please email

Health and Counseling Forms

Health forms are due July 15 for the fall semester. Class registration and move-in may be delayed if the forms are not submitted on time. 

To complete the new student health forms, you will need to register for an account through the Hampshire College/UMass Amherst patient portal. Please note that the patient portal becomes available to incoming students on June 1 for the fall semester and on January 2 for the spring semester. You must wait to register for the patient portal until after these dates.  

Patient Portal

When logging in to the patient portal you must use your official Hampshire College email address (e.g. Once you are logged into the patient portal, go to the “Forms” tab and find section D. There you will find the following REQUIRED forms:

  1. New Student Health Form (required; completed by new student) 
  2. Immunizations Form (required; download PDF from the patient portal to be completed by a health care provider and then uploaded to the patient portal)
  3. Tuberculosis Screening Form (required; completed by new student) 
  4. Acknowledgment of Privacy Practices (required; completed by new student if over 18 years old) 
  5. Financial Responsibility Form (required; completed by new student if over 18 years old)
  6. Sports Health and Physical Forms (optional; download PDF from the patient portal then have your health care provider complete the form. Upload the completed form to the patient portal [Required only if you intend to participate on an intercollegiate sports team: cross country, soccer, and basketball teams.])

Please Keep In Mind:

  • Massachusetts state law requires all higher education students to provide documentation of certain immunizations before starting residence on campus.  You will need to obtain immunization information from your current healthcare provider, and upload it via the Hampshire/UMass patient portal before July 15, 2024. Please plan accordingly.

  • Students who are under 18 years of age at the time they complete the health forms must print them out and have a parent or legal guardian sign the forms. Once signed, the forms can then be uploaded via the patient portal.
  • Massachusetts state law requires that all college students are covered by health insurance that can be used locally. Hampshire College works with Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. to offer a student insurance plan that is tailored to the needs of our students, both in Western Massachusetts and in your home state. The student health insurance plan will be billed along with your tuition. If you have comparable medical coverage through another insurance plan, you may waive this fee.

  • Hampshire College encourages all students to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19, including receiving the most recent multivalent vaccine. It is not one of the required vaccines.

  • International students who do not have access to Covid-19 vaccines or other required vaccines will be able to receive vaccines upon arrival at Hampshire College.
  • Those who will be participating in team sports are required to have a physical exam. Please print out the sports physical form, then upload the completed form on the patient portal.
  • Massachusetts state law requires that all college students are covered by health insurance. Hampshire College works with Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. to offer a student insurance plan that is tailored to the needs of our students. The student health insurance plan will be billed along with your tuition. If you have comparable medical coverage through another insurance plan, you can waive this fee.

Thank you for your assistance in meeting these College requirements. If you have any questions, please contact health and counseling services at 413.559.5458.

Health Insurance Online Waiver Process

The 2024–25 Waiver and Enrollment forms will be available starting July 1. If a waiver form is not submitted by August 31 for students starting fall semester or February 15 for students starting in the spring semester, you will remain enrolled in and billed for the student health insurance plan for the entire policy year whether you use the insurance or not.

To waive the student health insurance plan for the 2024-25 policy year:

  • Go to Gallagher Student.
  • Under ‘Profile’ enter your Hampshire email address and click on 'Log In.' 
  • First-time users will receive an email from Gallagher Student Health sent to your Hampshire email with a temporary password. Click on the link provided in the email and insert the temporary password. (If you did not receive a temporary password, you can choose the ‘Forgot your password?’ option on the login page.)
  • Once you login, select the 'ENROLL' or 'WAIVE' option. If waiving the insurance, have your current health insurance ID card ready, as you will need this information in order to complete the waiver form. A confirmation number will be sent to you upon completion of the form, but approval may take 24-48 hours.

For questions about this, please contact the Student Accounts Office at or 413.559.6982.

Prevention and Education Mandatory Online Workshop

Before arrival to campus, you are obligated to completed two online workshops related to sexual violence prevention and alcohol and other drugs. The online workshops will become available on July 1 and need to be completed by August 22.

Further information, including login instructions, will be emailed to students at their individual Hampshire email address. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Prevention and Education at

Disclosure Statement: These workshops will contain sensitive material involving sexual and interpersonal violence. Though trigger warnings are provided within the training, we recognize that the content may still be upsetting for some viewers. If at any point you need to make alternative arrangements to complete the training, please contact Director of Prevention and Education Jenny Kurtz (she/her), at or 413.559.5673

Additional Forms and Information

ID Photo Submission

ID Photo submission begins June 3 and ends August 15. For complete information regarding submission guidelines, please visit the the OneCard webpage here. The OneCard is the official identification card of Hampshire College and is issued to every student and employee. 

For questions about this, please contact the OneCard office at or 413.559.5345.

Vehicle Registration 

All vehicles must be registered with Campus Safety and Wellbeing. Vehicle registration is free of charge for all students.Students, staff, and faculty will be issued a parking hang tag for the academic year, which should be hung on your rearview mirror when parked on campus.

For incoming students for fall 2024, we prefer that you pre-register your vehicle in TheHub by August 22. The parking hang tag will be available to pick up during the housing check-in process.

Students who do not register their vehicle prior to arrival will still be able to register during the housing check-in process on Opening Day. Please make sure to have your vehicle information on-hand to complete the process in-person. 

There will be a two-week grace period before parking citations will be issued to allow for all students, staff and faculty to register their vehicles. Please make sure to complete this process as soon as possible to avoid any tickets and potential towing.

For more information, please reach out to Assistant Director for Campus Safety and Wellbeing Lori Bouchard (she/her) at or 413.559.5345.

Additional Forms

Students with disabilities and international students may have additional forms to complete. Please visit the Office of Accessibility Resources and Services (OARS) and/or new international students for more information. 

Tuition and Fees

For payment information and options, please visit the Student Accounts Office.


We're here to help! Visit our Offices page for more information on how to get in touch with individual campus offices or for help with TheHub.