Residence Life Office

Residence life staff are located on the second floor of the Dakin Student Life Center. The office staff includes the senior director of residence life and student engagement and the assistant director of housing operations, who are available to answer questions and assist students during business hours. Also there are three residence life coordinators, in addition to the student engagement staff. 

Residence life staff assign new students their rooms over the summer, manage room selection processes for continuing students, and maintain all housing assignments and room changes. Staff follow up with Facilities and Grounds staff regarding work order requests in the residential communities. They also keep track of keys, help monitor the health and safety of the residences, and keep students informed of important dates and events related to housing.

Repair Requests

Housing Policies

Hours of Operation

Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Lost Keys

If you lose your residential keys, come to the second floor of Dakin Student Life Center during business hours to get a spare key. If you lose your keys outside of business hours, call campus safety and wellbeing at 413.559.5424 to be let into your room, then get your back-up key during the next open business hour (at your earliest convenience). Residence life staff will notify the College locksmith of your lost key and request the lock be changed for security purposes. Your student account will be changed for the parts and labor as follows: $60 for a single room, $65 for a double, $100 for a mod entry.

Should I post a Daily Digest notice about lost keys? No. Unscrupulous people can do a little detective work and figure out where you live. If they have your keys they now have unrestricted access to your room. If you have found someone else's keys, please bring them to the second floor of Dakin Student Life Center so staff may return them to the resident.

Locked Out?

During business hours, please come to second floor of Dakin Student Life Center to sign out your back up key (as described above). At all other times, call campus safety and wellbeing at 413.559.5424, and an assistant will come to your room to let you in at no charge. You must show an ID card.

Lost ID Card

It's in your best interest to head to the OneCard office (located on the first floor of Dakin Student Life Center nearest the dining commons) to get your card replaced immediately. When a new OneCard is created, it automatically deactivates the old one, so no one can use your old card fraudulently.

Should I post a Daily Digest notice about a lost ID card? No. There are spaces on campus where OneCards allow direct access to student's living space. As with lost keys, those unscrupulous people can figure out where you live, and now they have unrestricted access to that space. OneCards list the student's post office box number, so any found card can and should be dropped in the campus mail and returned to the owner (no postage necessary).