At Hampshire, your child will learn multiple ways to identify a challenge, ask the right questions, mobilize resources, and incorporate diverse points of view as they creatively propose solutions. They'll take their passion projects beyond the conceptual and make them real.
Please reach out to us with any questions you might have, and thank you for including us on this journey.
What do we look for behind the scenes? We want to see who your student is in the context of your studies and your communities. Thriving Hampshire students exhibit the following traits:
- Growth-oriented mind-set
- Passion for learning
- Motivation, discipline, and follow-through
- Empathy and an interest in building community
- Self-awareness and maturity
- Interest in many things and a tendency to see the connections among them
- Intellectual bravery
- Capacity to reflect on one’s work productively and to learn from adversity
Some of these traits manifest themselves in the trends on a student's transcripts, others in the work they do outside the classroom. Like everything else at Hampshire, the admissions process centers around each individual.