Checking Out Pool Vehicles
How do I reserve a pool vehicle?
Student groups should contact the campus leadership and activities office.
To reserve a pool vehicle, sign into Colleague and use XPVR1. You must have all of the following to reserve a pool vehicle on-line:
- An approved driver certification.
- Your budget number
- The date and time you need the vehicle and when the vehicle will be returned
- The location of the trip
- The reason for the trip
- Vehicle request may be made up to two business days prior to travel
When you request a pool van through Colleague, a five digit number is generated (ex: 10001) and a confirmation email is sent to the budget manager and to the person who typed in the request. A printed copies of this email are required, along with the completed check out/in form. You must bring both documents to the campus safety office at the time of vehicle checkout.
To Check Out:
- Manually inspect the van for damages. Make note of damage issues and the mileage.
- Optional: Use XMVP to review the van's recorded current condition. Locate the request in the list. Detail into the request information to review check-out/check-in times.
- You can ask campus safety and security to evaluate condition concerns. Proceed to check out the van or explain why check-out will not happen.
- Use XMVO to check out the vehicle request. Update the van condition (if needed). Update the current mileage (if needed). Save to check out the van.
- Print and complete the form. These should be brought by driver when checking out the van.
Check Out/In Form
At Check In:
- Use XMVP to review the van's recorded current condition. Locate the request in the list. Enter detail into the request information to review check-out/check-in times.
- Manually inspect the van for damages with the driver. Make note of damage issues and the mileage.
- Use XMVI to check in the returning van. Update the vehicle condition (if needed). Update the current mileage.
Thoroughly review all information in the Pool Vehicle Handbook.