The PMP Executive Creative Committee (PMP ECC) is led by a group of dedicated and creative students who have participated in PMP in the past as a mentor and/or mentee and will serve as mentors in the new school year.
The ECC is charged with planning and running the activities of PMP throughout the academic year, which include: mentor training, Meet and Greet, bi-weekly Get To-Gethers, and off-campus activities. Additionally, the ECC provides support to both mentors and mentees for problem-solving, outreach, and more. The ECC works closely with Cultural Center staff and has access to other key offices to help support new students.
- Commit to two semesters to serve on the ECC. (Continued participation throughout the year and for additional terms is based upon review by Cultural Center staff.)
- Meet with Cultural Center staff in April to plan together activities for the upcoming year.
- During each semester meet for one hour per week for planning sessions with Cultural Center staff.
- Facilitate/lead at least two PMP group activities per semester.
- Participate in the training of mentors in the spring.
- Assist with the "matching" of mentors and mentees.
- Great resume builder! Gain professional experience in event planning, community building, and working with multicultural communities.
- Your match will receive two more points per event that you organize and attend.
- You will be able to satisfy your CEL-2 requirement just by organizing and hosting fun events.
- Part of our PMP Facebook page will be dedicated to you.
- You will be recognized for your contributions at our spring ceremony.
- If all responsibilities are met at the end of each semester, you will receive a text book voucher.
The ECC application is included in the spring Mentor Application.
Staff and Faculty Advisors to ECC
- O.C. Gorman; assistant director, multicultural and international student services; rgSA@hampshire.edu
- Melissa Scheid Frantz; director, multicultural and international student services; mysSA@hampshire.edu
- Jessica Ortiz, new student services coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jaime Davila, special presidential assistant for diversity and multicultural education, email@example.com
- Jackie Jeffery, administrative assistant for diversity and multicultural education, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zena Clift, associate dean for Center for Academic Support and Advising, email@example.com