Driving for the college
Only Five College credentialed drivers may drive college-owned vehicles or drive students to official college activities in your own vehicle.
Please read these instructions carefully.
To DRIVE a Hampshire College vehicle for any purpose or drive students in your own car or use:
- Complete the driver credentialing form and update each year.
- Complete the Driver Safety Training for Hampshire College and re-take every five years. (NOTE: Anyone who took this class prior to 2017 when this online course's database was established, must take it again.)
- After completing the training, email firstname.lastname@example.org and request that you be added to the HUBs database of registered drivers on campus.
To RESERVE a Hampshire College Pool Vehicle:
- Manage a Hampshire College departmental budget with a valid GL account number. Make sure to always use the object code 63070 for van reservations.
- Have access to Colleague WebUI forms XPVR1 and XPVR2. If you need this access, please contact email@example.com and we’ll put in an IT request.
- Designate a credentialed driver on this form. Keys will only be given to drivers listed on the form and/or on the most current credentialed driver list.
To CHECK OUT A VAN at the Campus Safety office:
- Be a credentialed, designated driver with a Hampshire ID and valid driver’s license. Your driver information credential form must be updated annually .Click here, and It is the first link on the list of requirements provided by Five College Risk Management.
- Have a printed and completed hard copy of the van checkout form with ALL required information and signatures. CSS staff will provide the van binder and key and escort you to Van. They will check mileage, condition and passenger list. Signatures are required when checking out or IN a van. Failure to sign off on the condition of a returned van with CSS means waiving your right to contest responsibility for any issues found.
- Have hard copy of email which was auto sent to administrator who completed the reservation.
- Have a general understanding of van protocol, rules and responsibilities contained in the pool vehicle handbook.