Financial aid students who enroll in one of the exchange programs through Hampshire College are able to continue to receive financial aid. Students enrolled in a program of study abroad approved for credit by Hampshire College may be considered enrollment at Hampshire for the purpose of applying for Title IV federal aid as well as state and institutional aid.

The award is calculated based on the cost of the student's program. An award package for an exchange student includes only a student loan and grant/scholarship assistance. Work-study is not available. In some cases, the cost of the exchange program is less than the cost if the student were to be enrolled at Hampshire. This may cause a reduction in the original grant amount.

Students participating in an exchange program complete the regular financial aid application forms by the application due date. There are no additional forms to complete. The global education office will notify us of the students who are participating in our programs. We will calculate their awards based on that notification.

Exchange decisions for the fall are mailed at the end of June if the student has complied with the May 1 due date. Decisions for the spring term are mailed as soon as possible.