Global Education Office (GEO)
Study Abroad and Domestic Options at Hampshire
The Global Education Office (GEO) at Hampshire encourages students to integrate global experiences into their academic program in ways that expand their understanding of other cultures, perspectives, and educational environments; promote ethical citizenship and community; and inspire positive change. Students, in consultation with their academic advisors, choose from a wide range of programs all over the world or design their own programs.
Types of Programs
Find programs by Area of Study
Study Abroad Advising
Phase 1: Get Started
Take or more of these steps before scheduling a meeting with a program advisor:
- Start thinking about the how, when, where, why and who of study abroad using these Get Started resources.
- Browse the GEO web pages for programs of interest.
- Attend a Navigating Study Abroad Info Session on Thursdays at 4 p.m. View calendar for more details.
- Come by our Drop-In Advising Sessions on Wednesdays from noon-1 pm.
- Schedule a 1:1 Preliminary Advising Appointment with a peer advisor (GEO Ambassador).
- Attend a Study Abroad information table with a Peer Advisor and/or a Program Partner. View calendar for more details.
Phase 2: Meet with a Program Advisor
Once you have some specific ideas about where you would like to go and/or what you would like to do, set up a meeting.
Katie Irwin | Director of Global Education | Advisor for both study abroad and international students
Schedule a meeting
Join GEO’s listserv