Facilities and Grounds
The Hampshire College facilities and grounds mission is to provide the best physical environment for teaching, learning, research, and community through the maintenance and improvements of the College facilities. Our products and services include, but are not limited to: energy management, utilities, maintenance, landscaping, key entry systems, in-house renovations, recycling, custodial, and environmental health and safety.
We are committed to:
- Maintaining and improving College facilities in a customer-oriented, prompt, and friendly fashion while assuring cost control and efficiency.
- Minimizing and preventing the deterioration of College buildings as well as, structures, integral systems, equipment, landscaped grounds, and infrastructure.
- Building our resource base through skillful and designed application of our human, financial, and technological resources.
- Providing professional and personal growth to our employees, enhancing the effectiveness and value of our College, and exerting positive leadership in the operation of the College.
The core values we subscribe to:
- Integrity: Honesty and credibility in all relationships, as individuals and as a department and college.
- Excellence: Superior quality, high standards, and good taste in all services, reports, and programs.
- Service: Meeting the needs of the College and all users of our services from the viewpoint of those we serve.
- Leadership: Providing noteworthy examples, which emphasize high ethical and moral standards.
- Sensitivity: A sincere and caring attitude coupled with dignified and professional treatment.