Find Menu
student in media lab

Financial Aid for International Students

An international student is defined as one who is not a citizen or permanent resident alien of the United States. Hampshire College offers a limited amount of financial aid (grant) assistance to international students who demonstrate financial need. While the competition for international grants is strong, it is also the case that Hampshire is committed to maintaining and expanding its global campus community.

Steps to Applying for Financial Aid

1. Apply by the appropriate due date.


Application Type PROFILE and
NonCustodial PROFILE*
Certification of Finances
Early Decision I
(Fall 2015)
 Nov. 15 Nov. 15
Early Decision II
(Fall 2015)
 Jan. 1 Jan. 1
Early Action
(Fall 2015)
 Dec. 1 Dec. 1
Regular Decision
(Fall 2015)
 Feb. 1 Feb. 1
Transfer Students
(Fall 2015)
 March 1 March 1
First Year and Transfer
(Spring 2015)
 Nov. 1 Nov. 1


2. Submit the required forms.

  • CSS Profile
    We use the CSS Profile to help determine eligibility for the College's institutional student aid funds.
    Complete the PROFILE Application online as soon as possible, using estimates if necessary. You will receive an acknowledgement when the Profile has been submitted. If your biological or adoptive parents are not together, the parent with whom you reside completes the Profile. See the Noncustodial Profile below for information on the other parent.  Click here for more information about the Profile.
  • Certification of Finances (pdf)
    The purpose of the Certification of Finances is to help colleges and universities obtain complete and accurate information about the funds available to international applicants who want to study in the United States.

3. Fill out any other required supplemental forms.

  • Non-custodial PROFILE
    This application is required if your biological parents are separated, divorced, or never married and not living together. If applicable, both PROFILEs are required to complete your financial aid application. The Non-custodial Profile is available online using the password obtained by registering as described in the Profile instructions. The non-custodial parent should complete the form online as soon as possible, using estimates if necessary.

4. Make Sure You Haven't Missed Anything.

Hampshire College offers a limited amount of financial aid (grant) assistance to international students who demonstrate financial need. These grants can cover up to the cost of tuition. Students who receive grant assistance are responsible for any remaining cost of tuition, as well as the cost of room, board, and other expenses. 

This grant is renewable for a maximum of eight semesters, provided the student is enrolled and is making satisfactory academic progress. The amount of grant aid cannot be increased in renewal years. Financial assistance is not available to international students who did not receive aid upon admittance.

Consider applying for an outside scholarship. Learn more about outside scholarships.

Students may check the status of their financial aid application and forms needed to complete it by by logging into TheHub; click on the "My Financial Aid" link. Please allow a few days for the office to update your Hub account after you submit a required document during our busiest processing time: December through March.

Stay In Touch
With Hampshire College
Snail Mail
Hampshire College
893 West Street
Amherst, MA 01002