The OneCard is the official identification card of Hampshire College, and is issued to every student and employee.
OneCard IDs are used for many services
- External door access: Merrill, Dakin, Greenwich, and Prescott 103 and 105
- Dining locations: Dining Commons, Bridge Cafe, Kern Kafe
- Shopping: The HampStore on campus and Amherst Books in downtown Amherst
- Libraries: access to Hampshire College and Five College libraries, as well as interlibrary loan
- Athletic facilities: access to Robert Crown Center and Multisport
What should I do if my OneCard stops working, is lost, or stolen?
- Contact the OneCard office immediately if your card is lost or stolen and we will deactivate it.
- Contact the housing operations office (HOO) at 413.559.5453 during business hours (8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.) to sign out a temporary card for residential use.
- Make an appointment with the OneCard office to get a new ID, and return your temporary card on the next business day.
- You need to bring an alternate form of picture ID to the dining commons when you have a temporary card so they can verify you are an active student. You will not be allowed to enter the dining commons with just a temporary card.
Replacing a OneCard
Replacement OneCards can be obtained in the OneCard office. A fee of $25 applies in all cases except when:
- You have a legal name change processed through the Central Records office (this is not the same as changing your preferred name) and we reuse your existing photo,
- You have your OneCard in your possession (eg: you have not lost it) and it is scratched, cracked, or otherwise damaged through normal wear and tear and we reuse your existing photo.
Location, Hours, and Contact Info
The OneCard office is located on the ground floor of the library next to the campus police parking office. Enter through the back of the library, and the OneCard office is on your immediate left.
Walk-in office hours
Email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For faculty and staff
Submit an IT ticket on TheHub.