The OneCard is the official identification card of Hampshire College, and is issued to every student and employee.

OneCard IDs are used for many services

  • External door access: Merrill, Dakin, Greenwich, and Prescott 103 and 105
  • Dining locations: Dining Commons, Bridge Cafe, Kern Kafe
  • Books, groceries, and supplies: The HampStore and Mixed Nuts Co-op on campus and Amherst Books in downtown Amherst
  • Libraries: access to Hampshire College and Five College libraries, as well as interlibrary loan
  • Athletic facilities: access to Robert Crown Center and Multisport

What Happens When I Use My OneCard (student edition)?

Location Type of Store OneCard Swipes Are:
OneCard Transactions by Retail Location
Amherst Books, 8 Main St., Amherst Center Bookstore Added to student charge account
Bridge Cafe, Robert Crown Center, 2nd floor Counter service cafe Subtracted from cafe card balance, except for a meal swap from a meal plan, which is available only during the M-F lunch period, by request
Dining Commons, in the center of campus Buffet-style cafeteria Meal Plan (full or block, if student has purchased) or subtracted from cafe card balance
Duplication Center, Harold Johnson Library, ground floor Copy Center Added to student charge account
The HampStore, Harold Johnson Library, ground floor Convenience store and gift shop Added to student charge account. For HampBistro or Hampshire College Farm products only, subtracting from cafe card balance is available, by request (New for Fall 2018)
Kern Kafe, R.W. Kern Center, lobby Counter service cafe Subtract from cafe card balance
Mixed Nuts, Roos-Rohde House Student-run Co-op Subtract from cafe card balance

What should I do if my OneCard stops working, is lost, or stolen?

  • Contact the OneCard office immediately if your card is lost or stolen and we will deactivate it.
  • Contact the housing operations office (HOO) at 413.559.5453 during business hours (8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.) to sign out a temporary card for residential use.
  • Make an appointment with the OneCard office to get a new ID, and return your temporary card on the next business day.
  • You need to bring an alternate form of picture ID to the dining commons when you have a temporary card so they can verify you are an active student. You will not be allowed to enter the dining commons with just a temporary card.

Replacing a OneCard

A replacement OneCard can be obtained from the OneCard office in the Johnson Library 3rd floor, Office 316. A fee of $25 applies in all cases except when:

  • You have a legal name change processed through the central records office (this is not the same as changing your preferred name) and we reuse your existing photo,


  • You have your OneCard in your possession (eg: you have not lost it) and it is scratched, cracked, or otherwise damaged through normal wear and tear and we reuse your existing photo.

Location and Contact Info

The OneCard office is located on the 3rd floor of the Johnson Library, office 316.

  • Take the elevator to the 3rd floor of the Johnson Library
  • Take a right off the elevator, and proceed down the hall to your left.
  • The OneCard office is the 1st office on your right past the open Kiva space.

Email OneCard ID requests or questions to

Stay In Touch
With The OneCard Office
Snail Mail
Hampshire College
893 West Street
Amherst, MA 01002