Financial Aid for Continuing Students

Students Currently Enrolled or on Voluntary Leave: How to Apply

Current students must apply for financial aid each year. We use the FAFSA to determine eligibility for institutional aid including the Hampshire Grant as well as various federal and state aid programs including federal student loans, federal and state grants, and federal work study.

Currently enrolled international students and undocumented students DO NOT apply for financial aid after their initial application; awards are automatically renewed for up to three years (eight semesters total). Financial assistance is not available to international students who did not receive aid upon admittance.

DUE DATES for currently enrolled students and for students currently on voluntary leave

 May 1  For the academic year or Fall term only
 December 1  For the Spring term only

The FAFSA is available to complete beginning October 1. We recommend that students apply for aid even if they anticipate taking a leave in the fall; this way, the financial aid application is complete in the event they change their minds about enrollment, or enables them to complete the spring application early so they don't need to worry about it while on leave during the fall term.

If you apply for the fall, your decision will be for the entire year. Students who are on leave or not on aid in the fall must meet the spring due date.

Submit the FAFSA

Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

  • Our FAFSA School Code is 004661.
  • You may complete and submit your 2023-2024 FAFSA as early as October 1, 2022.
  • Use the renewal option so some data on your previous year's FAFSA will transfer to your 2023-2024 FAFSA.
  • We STRONGLY ENCOURAGE you to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) on the FAFSA to ensure that the income and tax data submitted is accurate.
  • If your FAFSA report is selected for the verification process, you may need to provide the financial aid office with some additional documents.
  • The FAFSA includes questions about yourself and your custodial parent(s).  If your custodial parent has remarried, your step-parent's information must be included. 
  • International and undocumented students DO NOT submit this form.
  • Click here for more information about the FAFSA.

Make sure you haven't missed anything and Check your online financial aid account

Check the status of your financial aid application by logging onto TheHub; click on the "My Financial Aid" link. Here you are able to review what forms are required and which forms are missing on the My Documents & Messages tab, your aid awards on the My Award Letter tab, and other important information about your aid application. Please allow a few days for the office to update your records after you submit a required document.

In addition to the FAFSA, you may be asked to provide supplemental documents such as copies of your or your parents' W-2 forms, specific schedules from your or your parents' federal income tax return, and certain documents and data if your FAFSA was selected for the verification process. If we require additional documents your "My Financial Aid" portal will list them so check it periodically to make sure your aid application remains complete.

If your FAFSA was selected for the verification process, we need all of the required additional documents before we can determine your financial aid awards.

Notification of your aid offers

If your aid application was completed by the appropriate due date, you will receive your financial aid notification by email by mid-June for the fall term or by mid-December for those returning from voluntary leave for the spring term. Review the aid information carefully and thoroughly. You will need to accept your aid offers, including your federal student loans. To accept your aid offers, log onto your "My Financial Aid" portal, click on the My Award Letter tab, and accept, or decline, each individual offer. Review more information about your aid offer notification.

If your aid application is incomplete by the appropriate due date, we will review your aid application after it becomes complete. You will then receive a financial aid notification from us.

Contact the financial aid office with any questions

We are here to help you. If you have any questions about the financial aid application process or about your financial aid offers, please contact the financial aid office. Call us at 413.559.5484 or email us at