Payment Information and Options
Fall semester bills are ready for viewing during the first week of July, with payment due on August 1. Spring semester bills are ready for viewing during the first week of December, with payment due on January 2. Charges not paid within 30 days of billing may be subject to a monthly finance charge of 1.25%. Additionally, a hold may be placed on the student's account, preventing students from the following:
- pre-registering for courses
- participating in field study or leave exchange
- obtaining a transcript or diploma
- participating in the housing lottery or housing application process
Federal regulations pertaining to the right to privacy require that bills be in the student's name. Therefore, the student bears the responsibility for payment. Granting online access for a third party to view and pay bills does not relieve the student of ultimate financial responsibility for unpaid balances.
- Students: Students may view their account statement and make their payment or set up a payment plan through Nelnet Campus Commerce. Students also need to add their authorized party(s) access to their account by logging in to TheHub, selecting Students, and under the Financial Info Section, selecting Nelnet Payment Plans. From there, you will then be directed to log in to Self Service. Continue by selecting Proceed to Processor on the right and choosing Add an Authorized Party. We strongly encourage all students to add authorized party access for parents, guardians, or other individuals who will be paying for their student account charges.
- Credit Card Use and Fees: Please note that credit card payments are processed by our payment processor, Nelnet Campus Commerce. VISA, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express are accepted, and there is a 2.85% fee charged on the transaction total.
- Make A One Time Payment: Parents and other individuals may make a credit card payment, international wire payment, or a payment using their bank account here.
- Authorized Party Payment: Parents and others who have been made an Authorized Party by their student would log in and view a complete account statement and make a credit card, international wire, or a payment using their bank account.
You may send a check or money order made payable to Trustees of Hampshire College to Hampshire College, Student Accounts, 893 West Street, Amherst, MA, 01002-3359. Please indicate the student's Hampshire ID number on the check to ensure the payment is posted to the correct account.
Monthly Payment Plan
You may contract with Nelnet Campus Commerce to pay your bill over a period of 5 months each semester. The payment plan is interest-free with a $35 enrollment fee per semester, and may be an alternative to borrowing. You will need the student ID number to establish a plan. You may contact Nelnet by phone at (800) 609-8056.
There are several loan options available to students and parents.
Wire Transfer Payment
International wires are managed by Flywire. Flywire offers savings in fees and exchange rates compared to normal international wires.
Work Study Payroll Deduction
Students may elect to have a portion of their work study wages applied directly to their bills. The payment will be automatically deducted from their bi-weekly paychecks. Please contact Student Accounts or Student Employment for the forms for payroll deduction.