Hampshire's self-designed curriculum inspires students to take initiative, be resourceful, and approach their life work with creativity and passion. As interns and employees, Hampshire students and alumni bring exceptional skills and qualities to your organization. Hampshire's unique academic program allows students to get credit for most internships, at any time of year.
Employer Guide to Internships
Working with interns from Hampshire gives you the opportunity to:
- Bring fresh perspectives, skills, and talents to your organization.
- Train and mentor passionate young people hoping to enter your field.
- Share your experience and expertise.
Whether this is your first time offering an internship or you are an experienced supervisor, this guide will answer your questions.
Post Opportunities on Handshake
Hampshire uses Handshake, the most widely recognized recruiting platform for college students and recent grads. Once you create a user account in Handshake, you can easily post, manage, and edit opportunities, including virtual information sessions, for the Hampshire community and any other college you select.
1. Click below to create a user account on Handshake (or sign in if you already have one).
2. Confirm your account via email.
3. Find your company or employer and connect with them, or create a new company profile.
4. Choose Hampshire College from the list of schools.
5. Post your opportunity for Hampshire students!
Questions about creating your Handshake account? Click here for detailed instructions.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional help or questions.
Post Opportunities via Email
Hampshire alumni, please contact us by email to let us know if you have posted a position on Handshake!
To ensure that your listing is posted promptly, please include the following information in the body of the email:
- Company/organization name and description
- Position title
- Description and qualifications
- How to apply
- Contact information (name, email, phone)
Post on the Hampshire Network
Hampshire alumni seeking to hire Hampshire talent for upper-level positions, please post your opportunity on the Hampshire Network.
”This past summer  we had one of your students, Anton Kaplan, intern with us in our art studio for adults with disabilities. He was a superb addition to our studio program, and we were bereft when he left. If he represents the caliber of student at Hampshire College, we would like to have more interns from there.” Judith Zoon, NIAD Art Center
"Emily Packer [Hampshire Intern, Summer 2013] completed her internship with extraordinary poise and outstanding efficiency… She was self-motivated, a creative thinker, learned from mistakes quickly, and took criticism perfectly. Emily is the rare blend of innovative outside-the-box thinking, and old-fashioned elbow-grease. It is refreshing to be able to completely rely on an intern." Gabriel Bellman, San Francisco Frozen Film Festiva