Fall semester bills are ready for viewing during the first week of July, with payment due on August 1. Spring semester bills are ready for viewing during the first week of December, with payment due on January 2. Charges not paid within 30 days of billing may be subject to a monthly finance charge of 1.25%. Additionally, a hold may be placed on the student's account, preventing students from the following:
Federal regulations pertaining to the right to privacy require that bills be in the student's name. Therefore, the student bears the responsibility for payment. Granting online access for a third party to view and pay bills does not relieve the student of ultimate financial responsibility for unpaid balances.
1. Online Payments:
2. Check/Money Order: You may send a check or money order made payable to Trustees of Hampshire College to Hampshire College, Student Accounts, 893 West Street, Amherst, MA, 01002-3359. Please indicate the student's Hampshire id number on the check to ensure the payment is posted to the correct account.
3. Monthly Payment Plan: You may contract with Tuition Management Systems (TMS) to pay your bill over a period of 5 months each semester. The payment plan is interest-free with a $60 enrollment fee for the academic year or $35 for one semester, and may be an alternative to borrowing. You will need the student ID number to establish a plan. You may visit their website at https://hampshire.afford.com/ or by phone at 800.722.4867.
More about payment plans
4. Loan Financing: There are several loan options available to students and parents.
5. Wire Transfer Payment: International wires are managed by Flywire. Choose the Flywire option when paying online via TheHub or at https://ebilling.hampshire.edu. Flywire offers savings in fees and exchange rates compared to normal international wires.
6. Work Study Payroll Deduction: Students may elect to have a portion of their work study wages applied directly to their bills. The payment will be automatically deducted from their bi-weekly paychecks. Please contact Student Accounts or Student Employment for the forms for payroll deduction.