Driving for the College
Become a Driver for the College
Step 1: Become a Credentialed Driver
- All faculty, staff, students, and volunteers operating a Hampshire College vehicle or driving as a condition of their employment are required to go through the Five College Driver Credentialing Process annually and must follow the Driver Agreement to Terms, Conditions, Rules, and Regulations.
- Additionally, all Hampshire College pool vehicle drivers are responsible for knowing and following the rules and procedures outlined in the Hampshire College Pool Vehicle Handbook.
Step 2: Driver Safety or Defensive Driver Training
- All students operating a Hampshire College vehicle are required to take an online Driver Safety course, once every five (5) years.
- Employees driving as a condition of their employment are also required to take an online Driver Safety course, once every five (5) years. Please note that failure to complete one or both of these requirements can result in the revocation of your driving privileges for the College.
To DRIVE a College vehicle for any purpose or drive students in your own car:
- Complete the driver credentialing form and update each year.
- Complete the Driver Safety Training for Hampshire College and re-take every five years. (NOTE: Anyone who took this class prior to 2017 when this online course's database was established, must take it again.)
- After completing the training, email firstname.lastname@example.org and request that you be added to the HUBs database of registered drivers on campus.
To RESERVE a Hampshire College Pool Vehicle:
- Manage a Hampshire College departmental budget with a valid GL account number. Make sure to always use the object code 63070 for van reservations.
- Have access to Colleague WebUI forms XPVR1 and XPVR2. If you need this access, please contact email@example.com and we’ll put in an IT request.
- Designate a credentialed driver on this form. Keys will only be given to drivers listed on the form and/or on the most current credentialed driver list.
To check out a van at the Campus Safety office:
- Be a credentialed, designated driver with a Hampshire ID and valid driver’s license. Your driver information credential form must be updated annually. Click here, and the form is the first link on the list of requirements provided by Five College Risk Management.
- Have a printed and completed hard copy of the van checkout form with ALL required information and signatures. CSW staff will provide the van binder and key and escort you to Van. They will check mileage, condition and passenger list. Signatures are required when checking out or IN a van. Failure to sign off on the condition of a returned van with CSW means waiving your right to contest responsibility for any issues found.
- Have hard copy of email which was auto sent to administrator who completed the reservation.
- Know and follow the rules and procedures outlined in the Hampshire College Pool Vehicle Handbook.
For questions on the training requirement and or this policy, please contact Lori in procurement at labPS@hampshire.edu or by calling 413.559.5345.