Lebrón-Wiggins-Pran Cultural Center
Lebrón-Wiggins-Pran Cultural Center's Mission
To serve better and retain students of color and international students, the Lebrón-Wiggins-Pran Cultural Center provides a range of programs and resources to support and promote the success of students of color and international students at Hampshire College.
Additionally, the center provides programs and resources to the larger campus community for engagement in issues related to race, culture, and under-representation, with the underlying goal to effect social change.
We enhance our longstanding commitment to community and social change by:
- providing and advocating for services, programs, and resources that assist international students and students of color for a successful transition to, matriculation at, and graduation from Hampshire College
- offering services, programs, and resources that foster academic success among international students and students of color
- ensuring a space for multicultural community building, individual expression, and the exchange of ideas
- fostering leadership skills for multicultural competence for students of color, international students, and multicultural student groups
- continually examining the fluidity of race, culture, and identity; specifically examining how race and culture intersect with other social identities and their impact on one's view of self and of the world
- serving as a campus partner in promoting multicultural competence through community engagement on topics related to race, culture, and under-representation
If you have an idea for a program or would like to explore further a topic related to the center's mission, please email the Cultural Center or stop by!
Hampshire College Cultural Center Testimonial
At the Cultural Center, we recognize students come to Hampshire with their own terms of self-identity and will soon be placed in a new environment where identity will take on different terms and meanings. The Cultural Center aims to help students of color and international students navigate through that phenomenon.
More Community Advocacy, Prevention and Education, and Safety
The Wellness Center is a component of the Campus Safety and Wellbeing department and is staffed primarily by the department's Health and Wellbeing Advocate Staff. Our approach to wellness is firmly rooted in harm reduction, and we support wellness in many forms, including social, emotional, physical, spiritual, intellectual, and occupational.
The Center for Feminisms (CFF) strives to work towards an actively anti-sexist campus, prioritizing anti-sexist programming on campus and providing programs that deal with other forms of oppression.
The Center offers a range of programming, as well as a space for multicultural community building, individual expression, leadership fostering,
Whether you belong to an established religion or faith tradition or are just beginning to explore what spirituality might mean for you, Spiritual Life will help support and inspire you in your journey.
The Center strives to support a vibrant and intentional LGBTQ+ community by offering support and affirmation around gender, sexuality, and intersecting identities.