Returning From Leave, Field Study, or Exchange

Policies and Information

Students wishing to return to active enrollment for the following semester must notify the Center for Academic Support and Advising prior to the Field Study, Leave, and Exchange Deadline. Students returning from leave will receive an email at their Hampshire email addresses with a link to the housing form and any other pertinent information or instructions. Please refer to the important dates and deadlines page for details on when these forms are due.

Those who are away for the spring and hoping to participate in room selection for Fall 2023: Students who are away during the spring semester may participate in the room choosing process if by the time room selection forms are due they are officially approved by the College to return in the fall.

Previously lived off campus? If a student has previously been assigned to off-campus status, the student will retain that status automatically. To return to campus housing, students must file a return to college housing request and their housing form.

Hoping to live off campus for the first time? Exemptions to the residency requirement are granted on a case-by-case basis. Please consult our off campus page for details.

Questions or concerns? Email questions or concerns regarding your housing options to