Identity and Study Abroad
Hampshire College and the global education office (GEO) are committed to preparing all students to understand and participate responsibly in a complex world through on-campus, domestic, and international programs and learning experiences.
We encourage students to explore as many resources as possible when considering study abroad in order to gain a more comprehensive picture of the issues they may face in other cultures as well as the opportunities to develop deeper intercultural awareness and understanding.
The links below and to the left will provide you with some information and resources to explore different perspectives on diversity issues abroad. You may also want to consider talking to students who have studied or lived abroad, your faculty advisors, a study abroad advisor in GEO, or the administrator of the program you are considering.
- Hampshire College Office for Diversity and Multicultural Education
- IFSA-Butler Unpacked: A Study Abroad Guide for Students Like Me
- IES Abroad: Student Blogs
- IES Abroad: Country-Specific Resources
- Annual Country Reports on Human Rights Practices | U.S. Department of State
- Travelers with Special Considerations | U.S. Department of State