Expand and Explore the Possibilities.
We constantly strive to expand our awareness and understanding of career and workplace issues that affect our students. We recognize that the various perspectives and backgrounds that enrich our community may influence career development. Our purpose, in an open and affirming environment, is to:
- Provide support and information.
- Help students expand and explore career path possibilities.
- Create a counseling environment that is conducive to discussing any career development issue.
- Maintain a student-counselor collaborative relationship.
General Diversity Links
- National Employment Minority Network Nemnet is a national resource organization commited to helping students and professionals seeking jobs in education. Nemnet has formed partnerships with over 300 public and private schools and nonprofit organizations who register openings with them yearly. So, if you are looking for a job in education...Register online today! (It's free.)
- The Multicultural Advantage contains articles, news, job search advice, and job listings.
- Diversity Search is a 100% women-owned e-Recruiting network. Business-like and with corporate style, with helpful articles and advice appropriate for all job seekers regardless of industry or field.
- DiversityInc has a Career Center that lists thousands of jobs nationwide.
- LatPro is apparently a site with a lot of traffic. Founded in 1997, it is a leading employment source for Spanish- and Portuguese-speaking professionals throughout the Americas. You can choose from English, Spanish, or Portugese versions of the site. Candidates can post resumes anonymously and receive emails instantly announcing new job opportunities that match their profile.
- IMDiversity.com is organized into different "villages" for each diversity group it serves: African-American, Asian-American, Hispanic-American, Native American, Women, and Minorities' Global Villages.
- Diversity Careers in engineering and information technology. Even though there is an emphasis on these two fields, there is a wealth of information and helpful advice in the website's articles. There is a Careers channel and information on internships.
- The Urban League Employment Network. The Urban League Employment Network and Career Center is tailor-made for multicultural students to find full-time employment and internships.
The Urban League Employment Network is backed by the National Urban League and dedicated to helping diverse students find employment opportunities and those employers looking to hire them. Register for free on the website; you can then search job listings nationwide and post your resume. Urban League Center