APPLICATION DEADLINE: MONDAY, APRIL 6, 2015
Since 1987, the Community Partnerships for Social Change program at Hampshire College has supported student internships with national non-profit organizations creating social change. Students on financial aid undergo a competitive application process to receive Social Justice Summer Grants that provide funding for students to intern with non-profits around the country. These internships are often a pivotal experience for students, as they offer an opportunity for them to combine academic work with direct action and to conceptualize their field of study as a career.
CPSC Social Justice Scholars Award
Up to $3,000 to assist current Division II students on financial aid with the cost of living while interning for a non-profit organization of their choice in the U.S.A. The organization must be committed to forwarding social change initiatives, and the proposed internship must be an integral part of the students' Division II academic work.
CPSC Social Justice Scholars General Eligibility Requirements:
1. You must be a current student at the time of the internship and returning to Hampshire as a student in the fall semester. If you plan to be on leave for the fall, it must be a field study leave and not a leave of absence.
2. You must be in Division II (i.e. passed Div I, not yet passed Div II).
3. You must be a current financial aid recipient.
4. You must complete a minimum of 200 hours of substantive, supervised work, which can be completed in a 6-10 week period.
5. The internship must be with a non-profit organization in the United States or Puerto Rico.
6. Recipients must agree to these mandatory requirements:
- Attend a pre-internship training/orientation in April
- Submit a mid-summer report and a comprehensive final report
- Submit an internship evaluation form
- Attend the annual intern dinner and presentations in September (unless on field study)
A portion of your award will be held back until these requirements are complete.
7. Grant recipients will be required to return any award received, in full, if they do not complete the internship as outlined in their proposal, along with the requirements listed above.
How to Apply
To apply for a CPSC Social Justice Scholars summer grant, students must complete and submit:
Submit three (3) copies of the completed applications to the CPSC Office (FPH G1 at the end of the hall) no later than 4 p.m. on Monday, April 6, 2015.
For questions and support, contact: Ana Lua Fontes (413.559.5689).