Create a New Page
This is how to get started on creating a brand-new page. A brand-new page will simply float, unattached to anything, in the Drupal ether. Once it's created, you'll want to link TO it from another existing page.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org after creating a new page and let us know where it should be added to the menu structure.
Hover Mouse over "Content" link until you see pop-up menu, then hover over Add Content and Click "Generic Page".
See our section on Editing Pages and Text and Formatting to create your page content.
Pick a Section.
- Assigning the section is going to affect who has access to edit the page and what the URL path of the page is, so for example a page in the IT section is going to have a URL of www.hampshire.edu/it/yourpagename.
- If your pages live in a department or program that is perhaps under the umbrella of another department or division, and you don’t see your specific program here as a section, get in touch with email@example.com. If you’re fine with your page just living in the section of your umbrella department, that is totally fine too.
Add a "Contact Us" Section.
To submit this page to workflow, select "Needs Review" and Click "Apply".
Woops- need to make more changes? Go ahead and click the "Edit Draft" tab.
Link to It!
- Right now this page might be published out, but it’s not actually LINKED to from anywhere.
- To link to it, view the page, and the address you see here is the URL you will want to add as a link on another existing Drupal page.
- We suggest emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you create new pages and need them added to the menu structure. Pages that are not part of the menu structure will not have breadcrumbs.