Google Apps for Education at Hampshire
Google Apps for Education is a set of online educational tools made by Google that provide opportunities for collaboration and productivity.
Google Apps for Education offers many features that will benefit the Hampshire community:
- Unlimited Storage: Google Drive offers unlimited storage for files and folders.
- Collaborate: When you share a Google Docs file, all your collaborators can view and edit the file simultaneously. While this is currently possible using personal Google accounts, having a Hampshire-specific account will make it much easier to find the people you want to share with. You will no longer have to collect gmail addresses manually from Hampshire collaborators because you will be able to simply use their Hampshire email addresses.
- Share files: You can easily share any file on your Google Drive with anyone else who has a Google account.
- Large file transfers: Most email systems (such as the College's) limit the size of file attachments, but Google Drive lets you share files of any size.
- Web Conferencing: Google Hangouts allows for web conferencing with up to 15 participants.
Read the Google Apps FAQ
Already Using Your @hampshire.edu Email Address for Google?
If you have been using a Google Drive account with your @hampshire.edu email address or alias as your login, you must first create a new Google account with a different email address in order to retain your files. Please visit the Transferring Google Drive page for instructions and details.
To log into Hampshire's Google Apps, go to drive.hampshire.edu and log in with your Hampshire username and password.
Log in to Hampshire Google Drive
If you happen to go directly to the website for a Google service, such as drive.google.com, you will need to enter your Hampshire email address (the one with your username, i.e. aakLO@hampshire.edu) in order to get to the Hampshire login screen.