Harold F. Johnson Library Hours
InfoBar and Library Collection
In order to meet the needs of the Hampshire community safely, the Library will remain closed to the public, but will offer services remotely and by appointment. The Library’s plan for fall is below. This plan is subject to change as circumstances and the needs of the community change.
- Library staff will be working in the building, Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Hampshire faculty, staff, and students may request Hampshire and Five College books via the Library Catalog for contactless pickup. Patrons will be notified by email when requested items are ready for pickup. Requested items may be picked up Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Patrons must call the Library InfoBar at 413.559.5440 to let staff know they have arrived at the Library to pick up their items. Items on hold will be bagged and checked out to patrons before they arrive. The bagged items will be placed on a cart in the Library foyer after patrons have notified staff that they are there to retrieve them. When you call the InfoBar, let us know if stairs are a problem and we will be happy to bring your items to you. Patrons should maintain social distancing guidelines if more than one patron is picking up holds at a time.
- Requested items may be delayed as materials may be held for quarantine between libraries (for safety during Covid-19).
- Patrons must wear masks in the Library Center building and must complete the campus safety training module before coming to campus.
- Returns may be placed on the lower shelf of the cart in the library foyer, or through the return slot in the library after hours.
- Interlibrary loan requests may be placed for book chapters and journal articles.
- Patrons should contact Neil Young, manager of media services, to schedule appointments for borrowing media equipment.
- Use of the advanced media labs should be scheduled with John Bruner, advanced media coordinator.
- Due to the campus restrictions put in place in response to the Coronavirus outbreak, and to limit pathways of its spread, the Archives is closed for in-person visits until further notice. In the meantime, the College Archivist is still available for remote consultations, research assistance, and digitization requests. Jes Neal can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any Gallery questions should be directed to email@example.com.
- Librarians will be available for research help via phone, email, and Zoom. Librarians will also be available to join classes virtually for research skills instruction.
- The Airport Lounge is open for computer use. Hours for the APL are Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.- midnight. Patrons can print, scan, and fax in color on the APL printer.
- If the APL is full, patrons may schedule appointments for study space or computer use on the Library’s first floor. Appointments may be made by phone at 413.559.5440 or email.
- Call 413.559.5440 or email Library staff with any questions regarding Library use or services.
Airport Lounge (APL)
- The APL is open Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - midnight.
Services in the Johnson Library Center
Five College Library Hours