The Five College Queer Gender and Sexuality Conference will take place in Franklin Patterson Hall, which is wheelchair accessible throughout.
- There are wheelchair-accessible bathrooms throughout Hampshire College campus, as well as elevators.
- If you have access needs, please pre-register for the conference and indicate your access needs in the registration form.
- Please be aware of community members with chemical sensitivities, and remain scent/fragrance-free to the extent that you are able to. If you smoke (or hang around people while they smoke) campus policies require you to do so at least 25 feet from buildings and away from walking paths.
- Because flashing lights can trigger seizures or other symptoms, we ask that you avoid wearing or carrying decorative flashing lights and refrain from taking flash photography.
- Some doors in Franklin Patterson Hall are non-automatic; if you would like a remote for these doors, or if you need assistance navigating conference spaces, please notify us in our pre-registration form. It takes 5-10 minutes to move between buildings in a wheelchair.
- All lecture halls in Franklin Patterson Hall (Main, East, and West) have stairs, but are accessible by the ground level.
- There are wheelchair-accessible bathrooms available for use by people of all genders.
- We will maintain clear pathways for folks who use wheelchairs and other access devices in our conference spaces.
- The Pioneer Valley Transit Authority (PVTA), our local public transportation system, has several area buses that are free to the public. Conference organizers are happy to help you read maps and schedules.
- Service animals are welcome in Hampshire College buildings, but unfortunately, we cannot allow pets or other animals.
Please help us to diminish access barriers at the conference and continue to work and build with us so that the conference is more accessible to more people each year. If you have feedback, questions, or suggestions, or want to volunteer or help organize around access, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This access needs list has been adapted from the CLPP Conference website: