What Would a Concentration in CYL Look Like?
- Tutorials in education, writing, theatre, philosophy, child development, etc.
- 100 level courses throughout the five Schools
- Self-designed course of study that integrates your ideas and questions on children and youth, learning and/or education
- Courses in areas such as curriculum and instruction; the cultural politics of education; childhood studies; research methods; sociology of education; cognition and instruction; science education; multicultural education; children's literature; children's theatre; and gender studies
- Research projects informed by your courses and interests
- Opportunities for teaching and off-campus internships and fieldwork
- Research on childhood, youth, and/or learning
- Curriculum design and implementation
- Film/video, photo, and studio art documentaries/exhibits
- Performance pieces