The OneCard is the official identification card of Hampshire College and is issued to every student and employee.
Questions? Email email@example.com
OneCard IDs are used for many services
- External door access: Merrill, Dakin, Greenwich, and Prescott 103 and 105
- Dining locations: Dining commons, Bridge Café, Kern Kafé
- Books, groceries, and supplies: The HampStore and Mixed Nuts Co-op on campus and Amherst Books in downtown Amherst
- Libraries: Access to Hampshire College and Five College libraries, as well as interlibrary loan
- Athletic facilities: access to Robert Crown Center and Multisport
What happens when I use my OneCard? (for students)
|Location||Type of Store||OneCard Swipes Are:|
|Amherst Books, 8 Main St., Amherst Center||Bookstore||Added to student charge account|
|Bridge Café, Robert Crown Center, 2nd floor||Counter service café||Subtracted from Café Card balance or as a meal swap from a Meal Plan, if available, by request|
|Dining commons, in the center of campus||Buffet-style cafeteria||Subtracted from Café Card balance or subtracted from Meal Plan|
|Duplication Center, Harold Johnson Library, ground floor||Copy Center||Added to student charge account|
|The HampStore, Harold Johnson Library, ground floor||Convenience store and gift shop||Added to student charge account or subtracted from Café Card balance, by request|
|Kern Kafé, R.W. Kern Center, lobby||Counter service café||Subtracted from Café Card balance or as a meal swap from a Meal Plan, if available, by request|
|Mixed Nuts, Roos-Rohde House||Student-run Co-op||Subtracted from Café Card balance|
(During Covid-19, new ID photos will be scheduled by appointment only at the OneCard or campus safety and security office in the Johnson Library. Call 413.559.5424 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate assistance.)
Replacing a OneCard
- A replacement OneCard can be obtained by emailing email@example.com and providing your name and ID. New cards will be sent via campus mail, usually within 24 hours. A fee of $25 applies in all cases except when you have a legal name change processed through the central records office (this is not the same as changing your preferred name) and we reuse your existing photo, OR You have your OneCard in your possession (e.g., you have not lost it) and it is scratched, cracked, or otherwise damaged through normal wear and tear and we reuse your existing photo.
What should I do if my OneCard stops working, is lost, or stolen?
- If you have temporarily misplaced a card and know where it is, sign out a temporary card for residential use by going to the housing operations office (HOO) at in the Dakin Student Life Center, 413.559.5453 during business hours (9 a.m.-4 p.m.). After business hours, call 413.559.5424 to ask Campus Safety to let you into your space.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a new ID, which can be picked up or put in your campus mailbox.