student in media lab

Field Study or Exchange

Students may include off-campus study at any time during the Division II, taking opportunities to study abroad or elsewhere in the United States, either on Hampshire Exchange or on field study.

Because of the need to pass Division I, form a committee, and file Division II, off-campus study is not recommended for third-semester students except in exceptional cases.

To be eligible for exchange or field study, students must file for Division II prior to the start of their semester off campus.

Fall Term

Fall term Hampshire Exchange participants who obtain this permission will not be required to pay additional tuition fees, but will be assessed housing fees on a program-by-program basis. Refer to the Field Study or Exchange section or the Center for Academic Support and Advising website for more information.


Stay In Touch
With The Global Education Office (GEO)
Snail Mail
Global Education Office
Hampshire College
893 West Street
Amherst, MA 01002