Did you know that 95% of Hampshire College students receive financial aid? We are committed to making Hampshire affordable for your family. The average need-based grant for the 2020-2021 year was $37,562. The average financial aid package was $43,585.
New Students Apply Here
New International Students Apply Here
Continuing Students Apply Here
Financial Aid News
- Continuing students with complete aid applications received notification of our financial aid offers beginning on June 23. Others will receive notification during the summer after their aid application is complete. It's not late to apply for Fall; review your financial aid portal to see what is missing from your aid application.
- The new fixed interest rates for Direct loans have been announced: 3.73% for student loans; 6.28% for Parent PLUS loans. These rates are effective for loans borrowed for the Fall 2021 & Spring 2022 terms.
- Changes to 2021-22 & 2022-23 FAFSAs: failing to register with selective service or having a drug conviction while receiving federal Title IV aid will no longer affect a student's Title IV aid eligibility (federal aid). These questions will appear on the FAFSA through the 2022-23 year and will need to be answered. Males may still be required to register for selective service, but not for federal financial aid purposes.
- Effective July 13, 2021, the U.S. Department of Education has waived the federal verification process for students selected for the Standard verification process for the 2021-22 year. This is temporary and the verification process is expected to resume for the 2022-23 year.
Who We Are
It is the responsibility of the financial aid office to review all application materials to determine eligibility for financial assistance; prepare appropriate award packages; provide counseling regarding student and parent loans; oversee student employment; and coordinate financial aid with student accounts. Please visit the student accounts office website for information related to student billing.
Hampshire College is a member of the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA), and we adhere to the association's ethics and values, including their Statement of Ethical Principles and their Code of Conduct.
Our office is located on the second floor of the R.W. Kern Center. We are open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Eastern). We close for lunch from noon to 1 p.m.
Our email address is email@example.com. Our phone number is 413.559.5484. Our secure fax number is 413.559.5585.
Sending Documents to Us
If you need to send us documents, you may securely upload the documents to your financial aid Net Partner portal, send them via fax, or mail them to our office. Please be sure that the student's name and/or College ID number appears on all forms. Please do not email documents to us. We are not accepting any documents with personal identifiable data via email.
Detailed instructions are available for new prospective admissions applicants and for current students.
- Our preferred method of receiving documents is by the secure upload to our Net Partner Student Portal. Please follow these instructions:
- Log in to the Financial Aid Net Partner Student Portal:
- Under Financial Aid Information, click on "My Financial Aid."
- Click on Menu and select My Documents & Messages.
- Find document needed from the My Documents List.
- Click on Upload it now!
- You may submit your documents by fax to: 413.559.5585.
- Or you may mail the documents to the Financial Aid Office, Hampshire College, 893 West Street, Amherst, MA 01002-3359.