Did you know that 91% of Hampshire College students receive financial aid?
We are committed to making Hampshire affordable for your family. The average need-based grant last year was $35,941.
The financial aid office will be moving to the new R. W. Kern Center in spring, 2016; see design image above.
Who We Are
Welcome to Hampshire College's financial aid office. It is the responsibility of this office to review all application materials to determine eligibility for financial assistance; prepare appropriate award packages; provide counseling regarding student and parent loans; oversee student employment; and coordinate financial aid with student accounts. Please visit the student accounts office website for information related to student billing.
Hampshire College is a member of the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA) and we adhere to the association's ethics and values including their Statement of Ethical Principles and their Code of Conduct.
Check Your Online Financial Aid Account:
- Continuing students: Review your financial aid application status by logging onto TheHub and clicking on the "My Financial Aid" link. Here you are able to see any missing documents, your award letter, and your accumulated federal loan debt. You need to accept your financial aid awards here. You may also check to see if and when your aid has been disbursed to your bill.
- New student applicants: Review your financial aid application status by logging onto Explore Hampshire using your user name and password as provided by email@example.com; click on the "My Financial Aid" link under the Financial Aid Checklist; log on again using the same user name and password. Here you are able to see any missing documents to complete your aid application, your financial aid awards, and any special messages concerning your aid. You also accept or decline your financial aid awards here.
Apply for a FSA ID:
- Beginning on May 10, 2015, the FSA ID replaced the former federal PIN number used by students and parents to sign the FAFSA form, complete loan counseling, and sign promissory notes. All students (not including international students) and at least one parent listed on the student's FAFSA need a FSA ID for the financial aid application.
- Learn more and apply for the FSA ID.
- Watch a YouTube video on how to create a FSA ID.
- Be sure to record your FSA ID and keep it in a secure place. Keep your responses to the security questions in case your FSA ID is locked or becomes invalid. Never give your FSA ID to anyone.
- You will need to provide an email address for your FSA ID. Your parents' FSA ID application cannot include the same email address provided on your FSA ID application.
For Prospective Students:
For New Fall 2016 Students with Financial Aid:
For Currently Enrolled or On Leave Students:
Note: The due date for renewal applications is May 1, 2016 for fall 2016. International students do not apply after their first year.
2016-2017 Verification Process:
Note: This information is for those students who are selected for the FAFSA verification process.
Our office is located in the R.W. Kern Center. We are open to visitors and phone calls Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. during the academic year. The office closes at 4 p.m. during the summer months. We are available to help with any questions you may have.
Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Our phone number is 413.559.5484. Our fax number is 413.559.5585.
If you need to mail us documents, please address them to Financial Aid Office, Hampshire College, 893 West Street, Amherst, MA 01002-3359. Please be sure that the student's name, College ID number, or Social Security number appears on all forms.
Loans and Financing Options
Financial Aid Forms
Outside Scholarship Searches
Money Bytes is a financial literacy education resource for Hampshire students and their parents.